- Can you charge an iPhone with a different charger?
- Why are Apple MacBook chargers so expensive?
- What is the proper way to charge a MacBook Pro?
- Can I charge my MacBook Pro with any USB c charger?
- Can you charge a MacBook Pro with a 30w charger?
- Can I use a non Apple charger for my MacBook?
- Is it bad to use non Apple Chargers?
- Can fake charger damage MacBook?
- Can any USB C charge MacBook?
Can you charge an iPhone with a different charger?
Yes, it works great.
The iPhone charges over USB like many other devices.
You can charge an iPhone with most any device which has a USB port.
USB is designed such that it starts with a small amount of electricity and the device requests more if it wants it – like to charge, for example..
Why are Apple MacBook chargers so expensive?
“Apple’s power adapter is clearly a high-quality power supply designed to produce carefully filtered power. … “Apple’s iPhone charger crams a lot of technology into a small space. Apple went to extra effort to provide higher quality and safety than other name-brand chargers, but this quality comes at a high cost.”
What is the proper way to charge a MacBook Pro?
1. Plug in the power adapter and fully charge your PowerBook’s battery until the light ring or LED on the power adapter plug changes to green and the onscreen meter in the menu bar indicates that the battery is fully charged. 2. Allow the battery to rest in the fully charged state for at least two hours.
Can I charge my MacBook Pro with any USB c charger?
If it’s off, you can use practically any USB C power brick. If it’s on, and no other USB C devices are attached, it can easily use 60W of power, if under heaviest possible load, so anything 60W or lower will not let it charge, and lower may mean it just shuts itself off when it runs out of power in the battery.
Can you charge a MacBook Pro with a 30w charger?
The Apple 30W USB‑C Power Adapter offers fast, efficient charging at home, in the office, or on the go. While the power adapter is compatible with any USB‑C–enabled device, Apple recommends pairing it with the 12-inch MacBook or the 13-inch MacBook Air with Retina display for optimal charging performance.
Can I use a non Apple charger for my MacBook?
No they are not. Not even close. The amount of tech inside the charger Apple will sell you is well worth the price tag that comes with it.
Is it bad to use non Apple Chargers?
Using a Non-Apple Charger is Dangerous. They say that charging your iPhone with non-Apple brand cell phone cables can damage your device. This is only half true. … Just avoid using cheap knockoff cables and chargers as oftentimes they are less expensive due to a lack of safety mechanisms in the internal circuitry.
Can fake charger damage MacBook?
macrumors 6502a. Fake chargers are dangerous (overheating, etc) and they can also damage your laptop. Say goodbye to your warranty if your laptop gets fried because you were using a chinese ebay charger.
Can any USB C charge MacBook?
USB-C devices can draw significantly more power, so if you use a USB-A port to charge a USB-C device, then a non-compliant cable can draw more power than the port is designed to handle. That can damage both the device you’re charging and your MacBook. A compliant cable has a resistor to limit the current draw.