- The Best Concealers for Dark Spots and Hyperpigmentation, According to the Pros
- 7 No Muss, No Fuss Makeup Hacks – Hautelist
- Chose BB/CC creams over foundation
- DIY concealer
- Invest in lipsticks
- Lip liners are understated heroes
- Work your brows
- Line your lashes
- Mascara is a must
- 15 Best Drugstore Concealers That Make Your Skin Look Flawless
- 1. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP HD Photogenic Concealer Wand
- 2. LOreal Paris True Match Concealer
- 3. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Multi-Use Concealer
- 4. Revlon Photo Ready Concealer
- 5. Burts Bees Concealer
- 6. Covergirl TruBlend Undercover Concealer
- 7. e.l.f. Cosmetics Cover Everything Concealer
- 8. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Dark Circle Concealer
- 9.Maybelline Fit Me Liquid Concealer
- 10. LOréal Paris Makeup Infallible Full Wear Concealer
- 11. Physicians Formula Instaready Full Coverage Concealer
- 12. Revlon PhotoReady Candid Concealer
- 13. e.l.f. Complete Coverage Concealer>
- 14. Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick
- 15. Neutrogena Healthy Skin 3-In-1 Concealer For Eyes
- 10 Bag Trends To Carry You Through Summer
The Best Concealers for Dark Spots and Hyperpigmentation, According to the Pros
Images courtesy of brands
- “Currently, my favorite concealer for hyperpigmentation is Inglot Cosmetics Cream Concealer,” shares makeup artist Vincent Oquendo, who works with Bella Hadid, Ashley Graham, and a host of Victoria's Secret models. “I’ve even used it on blemishes on the body and it doesn’t budge.”$15 (Shop Now)
- “This is a cult-classic full-coverage concealer,” says makeup artist Rommy Najor, who has worked with Joan Smalls and Martha Hunt. “It's incredibly creamy and can even cover tattoos. If you're looking for long wear, I'd recommend setting this with powder so that it is more stable.”$21 (Shop Now)
- “This concealer is very full coverage and waterproof, which is ideal for warm, humid climates,” Oquendo explains. “The benefit of this type of concealer is if you have very strong hyperpigmentation, the cream covers it and stays all day.”$26 (Shop Now)
- “When I'm looking for a concealer for hyperpigmentation, I look for a concealer with a line of different shades, full coverage, and longevity,” says Kristine Cruz, senior makeup artist at Antonio Prieto Salon in New York City. “This one has all the elements I'm looking for to get great, natural-looking coverage. It has 14 shades to choose from, and it's waterproof, sweat-, and humidity-resistant.”$27 (Shop Now)
- “Because this concealer has a slight radiance to it, it won't make your skin look flat or made-up,” Najor explains. “Instead, it looks soft and delivers enough coverage that you may need for imperfections hyperpigmentation. Also, it has a doe-foot applicator, which is convenient for applying spot treatment, and its packaging is slim, which is ideal for travel or on the go.”$30 (Shop Now)
- “Nobody is one flat color, and and I think it’s important to maintain the underlying integrity and natural color of the skin,” explains makeup artist Lauren Gott, who works with Kiernan Shipka. “I personally love Dermacolor for hyperpigmentation; it stays put, and I can control the build of product. The palettes have a good range of color that is very much applicable to one face.”$42 (Shop Now)
- Oquendo loves this concealer “because it's easy to blend and it's a little sheerer than other products,” he explains. “Because of this, it is ideal for light hyperpigmentation.”$32 (Shop Now)
- “This covers beautifully without ever looking cake-y,” says Oquendo. “I layer it over any discoloration and it covers while still giving the skin a luminous finish.”$34 (Shop Now)
- “This duo comes with drier concealer, which means it's going to stay in place and not move,” says Najor. “You don't have to use both shades at the same time, but if one shade applies to your skin tone, you can use the other to either brighten or color correct if needed. Typically, you can get away with just using one of the shades because the coverage is that full.”$35 (Shop Now)
- “If you are not a professional and aren't familiar with color-correction techniques, you're definitely looking for a pigmented formula,” explains makeup artist Robert Greene, who works with Samira Wiley and Tinashe.”We don't want a product offering light coverage, which will have you applying too much. I am really loving this for consistency and coverage. It's a very thin formula with medium-to-full coverage. I to pat it on lightly in layers, concentrating on problem areas. The waterproof formula tends to set quickly and last longer without much creasing or use of too much powder, which I love.”$43 (Shop Now)
- Sure, this may be a stick foundation, but it has a “creamy buildable coverage that may not look as heavy as some more matte textures,” Najor insists.$43 (Shop Now)
- “This is incredibly creamy and has a whipped feel, which means this would be ideal for anyone whose skin type leans on the drier side,” Najor explains. “However, this concealer is incredible for any skin type because of how malleable it is. You can sheer the texture however you with moisturizer or use it on its own for its fullest cover. Literally, the tiniest pinch of this product can take you a long way.”$48 (Shop Now)
- “This does an amazing job covering dark circles and hyperpigmentation,” shares makeup artist Patrick Ta, who works with Olivia Munn, Chrissy Teigen, and Allison Williams. “[It] can also be great for a brightening effect. In terms of consistency, it is very creamy and buildable, which is why it has become a staple in my kit.”$75 (Shop Now)
7 No Muss, No Fuss Makeup Hacks – Hautelist
We all have those lazy days, where just the thought of opening our makeup case makes us want to crawl back into bed. Some girls may get excited at the thought of makeup but most of us do not wish to spend time or money on cosmetics.
So, if you’re a girl who does not wish to invest in makeup or you’re running late and need a quick solution to your puffy eyes and blemishes, scroll down for some hassle-free solutions.
These tricks will get you up and home in fifteen minutes looking your gorgeous best!
Chose BB/CC creams over foundation
Applying foundation evenly and perfectly is a difficult task so why not just skip it entirely? Replace your foundation with a BB or CC cream.
They are light, easy to apply and give just enough coverage to make you look radiant. These creams also moisturize your skin and those with an SPF protect your skin from the damaging rays of the sun.
Do not forget to carry a compact in case you need to touch-up.
Concealing your dark circles or blemishes may seem annoying and time consuming. Your BB cream is a quick fix that can go a long way. Just dab a bit on the spot and use a powder brush to add on some foundation powder. Be sure to blend it well so it doesn’t look patchy. An easy way to reduce puffiness is to rub an ice cube all over your face, concentrating on your under eye area.
Invest in lipsticks
Did you know that you could achieve a full face of makeup with just a stick of lip colour? Here’s how.
Contour your face with a brown or dark coloured lipstick that matches your skin tone. Add blush using a pink or light coloured lip colour. Make sure not to add too much due to its creamy texture.
A lipstick of your choice can also be used as eye shadow. Glossy eye shadows are trending, so bring out your glossy lip stains and put them to the test. To highlight your face, a clear lip balm should suffice.
Dab on on areas you would to accentuate.
Lip liners are understated heroes
Do not the feeling of lipstick on your lips? Or do you not wish to spend time perfecting that cupid’s bow? Fill in your lip with a lip liner pencil. It lasts longer, is easier to use and never gets on your teeth. It’s a win-win-win. For a more glossy look, apply a tinted or clear lip balm over your liner.
Work your brows
Skip all the gels and brow powders with their angled brushes and what not, and invest in a good brow pencil. Its perfect for filling up your brows or even outlining them with minimum effort. Thick and sharp brows add structure to your face and make your look flawless.
Line your lashes
We get how hard it is to perfect a winged tip in less than five minutes [no, do not try doing it in the car]. Avoid looking a raccoon and just go minimal. Line your lower waterline with a nude or white liner.
If you wish you could add a dark colour to your lower lash line and smudge it out with your fingertips to create a smokey effect. As for your upper lash line, master the art of tight lining and line your upper water line with a dark colour.
This will create the effect of fuller lashes and widen your eyes. Its simple and easy. Trust us, it will be your go-to look.
Mascara is a must
If eye liner is not your preference, try mascara instead. Concentrate the mascara at the root of your lashes [both upper and lower] to create the effect of fuller lashes. This trick instantly brightens your face, making your look fresh. On days when the no-makeup look feels best, try curling your lashes and adding mascara just to the tips. This too will create volume.
15 Best Drugstore Concealers That Make Your Skin Look Flawless
When it comes to makeup, you want to feel that the products you are using are worthy of your time. Concealers are hidden gems within the makeup application process.
No matter if you are seeking a natural look or you are after a full glam, the concealer is always there to cover blemishes or brighten the face. If you are on the hunt for the best concealer, here’s your guide that will help you to find the next best concealer for your specific makeup needs.
Affordable and effective are the two most important aspects to look for in a concealer, and you can find the answer here.
RELATED: How to Apply Concealer the Right Way
RELATED: 15 Best Under Eye Concealers
1. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP HD Photogenic Concealer Wand
Channel your inner makeup artist when using the NYX Professional Makeup HD concealer as it provides some incredible features with every swipe.
This photogenic concealer will smoothly cover blemishes, imperfections, and skin discoloration, which is perfect for a base before applying foundation. Furthermore, this product is also safe for all skin types and is available in 23 other color-correcting shades.
In addition to this, the NYX concealer is also cruelty-free, which means no animals were harmed during the manufacturing process.
2. LOreal Paris True Match Concealer
The L’Oreal Paris True Match concealer is one to add to the makeup collection as it is packed full of great qualities.
This product is super blendable; it covers imperfections, evens out skin tones, and restores brightness across the face.
If that isn’t tempting enough, it is also affordable and comes with a pointed applicator, which is perfect for getting into all of the hard to reach places.
3. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Multi-Use Concealer
This very popular and affordable concealer from Maybelline is a must-have for everyone. The product offers the ultimate coverage for any dark circles under the eyes or blemishes around the face.
If the morning coffee just isn’t enough, then this concealer will provide a shield for you. The formula of this product is thick and long-lasting.
Additionally, there is an instant age-rewind feature so you can look refreshed as soon as you wake up.
4. Revlon Photo Ready Concealer
The Revlon Photo Ready Concealer provides a creamy formula that can easily cover any redness or blemishes all around your face. It is light-weight with medium coverage that can be buildable if required.
Just the name says, you will be photo-ready as soon as this concealer is applied.
The lipstick-styled packaging makes this product easy to throw into your handbag so you can reapply throughout the day or night if necessary.
5. Burts Bees Concealer
This Burt’s Bees concealer is a much more gentle formula which is perfect for sensitive skin.
Featuring a selection of nourishing ingredients, including avocado oil and shea butter, you can be assured that this soft and smooth product will be easy on your skin.
Additionally, this concealer offers an easy glide-on application with full coverage of any redness and blemishes. So, if you’re seeking cruelty-free and natural products, then this one is for you.
6. Covergirl TruBlend Undercover Concealer
The TruBlend Undercover Concealer by Covergirl is made with all-natural products, which means it is vegan and cruelty-free. In addition to this, it is long-lasting, easy to blend, provides full coverage, and has a light-weight application. If you are prone to oily skin, this concealer has a matte finish, which will block out the shine.
7. e.l.f. Cosmetics Cover Everything Concealer
Immerse yourself in an unforgettable makeup experience with the e.l.f. Cosmetics Cover Everything Concealer. This product allows you to achieve flawless looking skin due to its color-correcting qualities.
It can eliminate the appearance of under-eye circles, discoloration, and scars almost instantly.
If you’re after a light-weight formula, then this concealer is the one for you, and it even allows for buildable coverage.
8. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Dark Circle Concealer
This NYX Professional Makeup Dark Circle Concealer is specifically designed to hide and minimize the dark circles around your eyes.
This area is the most problematic for many people, which is why the product is exactly what you need. Formulated with a hint of orange pigment, the concealer counteracts the appearance of dark circles.
The creamy formula is one of the many reasons why you will love using it in your makeup routine.
9.Maybelline Fit Me Liquid Concealer
The Maybelline Fit Me Liquid Concealer is another popular drugstore product that almost everyone needs in their makeup collection. It contains an oil-free formula, ensuring that your skin will be left looking flawless and unclogged.
The product also provides a natural-looking finish, which is perfect for any light-weight makeup look.
The rounded sponge applicator allows for a smooth and quick process when applying it to the sensitive areas around your eyes, which is a definite must-have.
10. LOréal Paris Makeup Infallible Full Wear Concealer
The drugstore L’Oreal Paris Infallible Full Wear Concealer aims to provide every makeup fanatic with the best full coverage and long-lasting finish. The magic begins in the applicator wand where the thick and rounded sponge can apply a sweep of product onto the face in just one move.
In addition to this, the formula creates a matte finish that can last all day and night because of its waterproof qualities. Therefore, you can be assured that a small amount of product can go a long way so you will get the most your concealer – and money.
With plenty of shades on offer, this product is suitable for almost everyone and their unique skin tones.
11. Physicians Formula Instaready Full Coverage Concealer
Physicians Formula Instaready Full Coverage Concealer promises an Insta-ready finish with full coverage for a flawless look. It is pumped full of great ingredients that are gentle and nourishing for your skin. All of your blemishes and imperfections are instantly hidden with this product, and it’s super affordable too.
12. Revlon PhotoReady Candid Concealer
Feast your hands on a jam-packed concealer that is full of great and nourishing ingredients. The Revlon PhotoReady Candid Concealer is a drugstore necessity due to being an affordable and full-coverage product.
As the name suggests, this product will glam you up to be photo-ready at any time of the day.
For instance, the incredible formula, which includes antioxidants, anti-pollution, and anti-blue light ingredients are fantastic for your skin.
13. e.l.f. Complete Coverage Concealer>
This e.l.f. Complete Coverage Concealer provides the ultimate coverage experience. This palette comes with four different shades of concealer, which can be used for multiple types of looks.
If you’re using the concealer to cover up redness, blemishes, and any dark circles, then the lighter shades are perfect to use. On the contrary, the darker shades will be more suitable for contouring the face.
This multi-purpose drugstore concealer is one to try out and see if it works for you.
14. Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick
For those of you with sensitive skin, keep your eyes peeled as we bring to you the Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick. This product targets troubled skin to provide soft and light-weight coverage.
If you’re looking to even out your skin tone, blemishes, and darkened age or pigment spots, then this product will be suitable for you. Designed in a bullet-shaped stick, this concealer applies easily with just one swipe.
15. Neutrogena Healthy Skin 3-In-1 Concealer For Eyes
Get the best of both worlds – or maybe three – with this Neutrogena Healthy Skin 3-in-1 Concealer. It is specifically designed to be used under the eyes.
It acts as a natural-looking and color-correcting concealer with light to medium coverage. In addition to this, the formula is infused with SPF 20 sunscreen, so it is excellent for protection against the sun.
With these three qualities combined, you get the perfect concealer to use throughout the day.
10 Bag Trends To Carry You Through Summer
Since everyone is stuck at home, the idea of carrying a bag that isn’t just a grocery store tote feels a world away. Don't fret, because once summer hits there will be a new set of trends to fawn over, plucked straight from the runways.
We’re talking about supersized styles from Marni, an ongoing love affair with the straw tote courtesy of Celine, and a chain reaction of this strappy detail we're seeing everywhere.
Check out the 10 hottest bag trends you should be paying attention to ahead.
As a longtime champion of environmental causes, Tonne Goodman—legendary stylist, former Vogue fashion director, current Vogue Sustainability editor—has always been my North Star on what to buy, where to buy it, when to buy it, and how to wear it.
It doesn’t hurt that she is one of the chicest women I’ve ever met and I idolize her personal style as much as I do her work for both Vogue and our planet.
With Tonne’s book, Point of View, coming out last year, we thought a joyful way to talk about the future of fashion would be to look back to some of Tonne’s greatest shoots for Vogue and breathe new life into the looks by shopping them out from sustainable brands.
This is a celebration of timelessness—good style is forever, as are great wardrobe basics—and we already know Tonne’s edit will stand the test of time.
Remember when we used to talk about It bags? Remember when we packed things into them and carried them off to work or to wherever? During the last two months, many of us have been hunkered down at home in sweats during self-isolation. As such, our own It bags, or any designer bags for that matter, have become nothing more than dormant objects in our closets.
Our favorite totes, top handles, shoulder bags, and baguettes carried our lives and helped define our personal style before all of this but right now, they’re basically just decor.
And really, with the global pandemic crisis looming, who cares about bags anyway, especially those that were totally impractical or novel to begin with? Take, for instance, the ridiculously oversized carryalls that blew up on the spring 2020 runways.
Watch any episode of Sex and the City and you’ll be sure to encounter a trend that Carrie Bradshaw put on the map: nameplate necklaces, Manolo Blahniks, nearly-nude dresses and, of course, a particular rectangular Fendi accessory synonymous with the ’90s.
In one episode, when a thief demands that she hand over her bag, Carrie exclaims, “It’s not a bag, it’s a baguette!” Sure, this bag shares a name with a deliciously crisp French bread, but it’s also a petite pouch affixed to a shoulder strap that’s at once simple and statement making. And baguettes are suddenly everywhere again.
From croc-embossed deals to the OG Fendi with flashy hardware, there are so many great iterations of modern baguettes to consider. Here, shop our eight favorite takes on the very ’90s trend.
When my best friend shot me a text last week saying, “I'm totally tie-dyeing my sweat suit,” I was , “Ha! Are you missing summer camp or something?” But she was sniffing out the next big trend in fashion, as one does, because this is a move TikTok-ers are very into right now.
They're not just tie-dyeing matching sets — although, let's be honest, an all-out, head-to-toe style statement is always cooler — but also ribbed socks, t-shirts, and bucket hats.
How's that for your daily dose of '90s nostalgia? We wouldn't even be surprised if Hailey Bieber, who seems to be queen of loungewear on the buzzy social platform, showed up in a tie-dye Drew hoodie soon.