One of the best meditation techniques for opening and balancing the chakra points, is the visualization meditation technique. In this technique, the color attribute of each chakra is exploited and used an instrument to stimulate and awaken that particular chakra.
Let’s begin first though by giving a brief overview of the chakra system and how they work. Chakra point are energy vortexes that reside in the astral body and transmute energy between the 3 bodies that make up a human being. There 3 bodies are the physical body, astral body and mental body. Charka points essentially move energy between these bodies, by raising or dropping the frequency of the energy as required.
Each chakra resides in a particular location along the spine from the base to the crown of the head, and the health of the chakra is reflected in the health of the organs and systems in that particular region. In addition, chakra points are responsible for personality traits and having the chakra in balance, means to have one’s physical, emotional and mental bodies in balance as well. So now that we have an understanding of chakra points, let’s delve into the visualization meditation technique which can be used to open, heal and balance the chakra points.
Each chakra point is associated with a particular color, and by using this information along with the power of concentration and visualization one can help stimulate a particular chakra and assist it in opening. Below is the color chart that lists the particular color associated with each chakra point. Each of these colors should then be used, as described in the meditation script below it.
Chakra Point Color Chart:
Root chakra meditation color: Red
Sex chakra meditation color: Orange
Navel chakra meditation color: Yellow
Heart chakra meditation color: Green
Throat chakra meditation color: Blue
Third eye chakra meditation color: Indigo
Crown chakra meditation color: Violet
To practice chakra visualization meditation technique, one should follow the step-by-step instructions below.
1. Either lie on your back, or sit up in cross legged posture with your back straight.
2. Close your eyes and take 5 deep slow breaths to help relax you and clam the mind.
3. Now begin to visualize the color red at the base of your spine as a glowing ball of red light. Feel your breath moving in and out from this center while continuing to imagine a red ball of light emanating from that location.
4. After spending a minute or two at the root chakra, move up to the sex chakra and repeat the exercise with the color orange.
5. In this fashion work through all the other chakras as well, where the navel chakra is located at the level of the solar plexus, the heart chakra at the level of the sternum, the throat chakra at the neck and the third eye chakra in the middle of the forehead.
6. Once you complete the cycle, relax for a few minutes and then finish the meditation, by affirming you are healthy, balanced and at peace.
The above chakra meditation, works through the entire chakra system, but if you are interested in opening and balancing just one particular chakra, you can simply focus on doing the visualization meditation with the color for that specific chakra only. This method of chakra balancing is very effective, but one should use it judiciously, as one should be physically able to handle the increased energy flow that can occur when chakras are activated and opened.
Anmol Mehta is a Yoga Teacher & Zen Expert. His extensive site, Free Kundalini Yoga Exercises & Videos, offers the popular Free Online Guided Meditation Techniques E-Book. Also learn about kundalini awakening by reading, Kundalini Awakening Symptoms.
Article Source: Best Chakra Balancing Visualization Meditation Technique
Read the rest here:
Best Chakra Balancing Visualization Meditation Technique